HOW designs both one-time and recurring events to facilitate meaningful engagement, to aid safe and authentic connection, and to nurture healing, pleasure, and collaboration. We also consult with groups who would like support to create and carry out welcoming and values-driven gatherings and events.
Join Healing Our Work for Healing Our Week, a weekly drop-in zoom. In this hour we will create an intentional container for nurturance, creativity, and connection that can build your capacity to face the day and week with integrity and care.
This is a chance to slow down before the whirlwind of a busy week and in the larger context of capitalism and grind/burnout culture. With a mix of grounding activities, reflection prompts, and space to connect, together let’s practice taking the time and space we all need and deserve to check-in with our needs, ground into our values, and breathe — one hour at a time.
Join us on the Mondays you can from 9:30-10:30am ET starting on November 7th.
Are you at a personal or professional crossroads, or in a space of transition, healing, and transformation?
Are you committed to personal, interpersonal, and systemic change toward equity and liberation?
Join us as we celebrate and support you through the often lonely and difficult process of challenging norms, breaking patterns, growing into your radical leadership, and collectively building an abundant future.
Over the course 6 months, Healing Our Work co-founders Julia Terry & Kris Smith will facilitate a monthly space for peer support, accountability, intentional practice, emergence, and radical imagination.
Our inaugural Crossroads Cohort has begun. Please check back in fall 2022 for more information about future Crossroads Cohorts.
Gather with nonprofit and community leaders to explore care as a liberatory and abolitionist practice.
Over five peer support and emergent learning sessions together we will intentionally slow down to tap into our collective wisdom and creativity to:
- name and develop shared language for structures and dynamics at play that lead to burnout and decrease morale and mental wellness
- reconnect with our bodies, creativity, needs, and values
- practice and build capacity for accountability and repair, nurturing leadership and supervision, emotional safety, vulnerability and boundaries, pleasure and rest
Click here for Fall 2021 Centering Care Huddle dates and registration
Gather with nonprofit and community leaders to explore and practice living and embodying your vision for liberation with integrity.
Over five peer support and emergent learning sessions together we will intentionally slow down to tap into our collective wisdom and creativity to begin to build our capacity and our practices of:
- uncovering and naming oppressive systemic and relational norms and dynamics
- reconnecting with our humanity, values, voices, and bodies
- showing up authentically in our workspaces and relationships
- modeling integrity through our leadership
- creating spaces where people can be safe to be whole and accountable
- building relationships for ongoing support for our radical leadership
Click here for Spring 2021 Alignment with Integrity Huddle dates and registration
Gather with nonprofit and community leaders, healing practitioners, artists, organizers, changemakers, and Healing Our Work to explore and practice accountability and repair relationally, institutionally, and systemically as we work to imagine and build a liberatory future.
- To build our understandings of structures and systems that perpetuate inequities (race, gender, class, ability, immigration, etc.), and to reflect on our personal/professional roles in upholding and/or resisting these structures
- To build tools, skills, and possibilities for naming harm, moving through conflict, and practicing accountable and reparative practices
- To move from intellectualizing to embodying
- To build an accountable anti-bias anti-racist community of practice
Fall 2020 – Accountability & Repair Huddle dates and registration
Gather with nonprofit and community leaders, healing practitioners, artists, organizers, changemakers, and Healing Our Work to explore practices of liberatory and collective leadership and re-imagine HOW we can lead and build power beyond hierarchy and white supremacy culture.
- Explore and imagine new possibilities for leadership
- Learn from peer case studies and field examples of leadership
- Understand the interplay between individuals and systems
- Develop and compile a resource guide of promising practices for leaders
- Build a network of radical leaders and peer support
Spring 2020 (Re)Imagining Leadership Huddle dates and registration – CLOSED
Register for Toast and Tend
Fall 2019 Events
Healing & Liberation Workshop registration here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/healing-and-liberation-workshop-intensive-tickets-74462586601