HOW designs one-time and recurring events to facilitate meaningful engagement, to aid safe and authentic connection, and to nurture healing, pleasure, and collaboration. We also consult with groups who would like support to create and carry out welcoming and values-driven gatherings and events.
Gather with nonprofit and community leaders to explore care as a liberatory and abolitionist practice.
Over five peer support and emergent learning sessions together we will intentionally slow down to tap into our collective wisdom and creativity to:
- name and develop shared language for structures and dynamics at play that lead to burnout and decrease morale and mental wellness
- reconnect with our bodies, creativity, needs, and values
- practice and build capacity for accountability and repair, nurturing leadership and supervision, emotional safety, vulnerability and boundaries, pleasure and rest
Gather with nonprofit and community leaders to explore and practice living and embodying your vision for liberation with integrity.
Over five peer support and emergent learning sessions together we will intentionally slow down to tap into our collective wisdom and creativity to begin to build our capacity and our practices of:
- uncovering and naming oppressive systemic and relational norms and dynamics
- reconnecting with our humanity, values, voices, and bodies
- showing up authentically in our workspaces and relationships
- modeling integrity through our leadership
- creating spaces where people can be safe to be whole and accountable
- building relationships for ongoing support for our radical leadership
Gather with nonprofit and community leaders, healing practitioners, artists, organizers, changemakers, and Healing Our Work to explore and practice accountability and repair relationally, institutionally, and systemically as we work to imagine and build a liberatory future.
- To build our understandings of structures and systems that perpetuate inequities (race, gender, class, ability, immigration, etc.), and to reflect on our personal/professional roles in upholding and/or resisting these structures
- To build tools, skills, and possibilities for naming harm, moving through conflict, and practicing accountable and reparative practices
- To move from intellectualizing to embodying
- To build an accountable anti-bias anti-racist community of practice
Gather with nonprofit and community leaders, healing practitioners, artists, organizers, changemakers, and Healing Our Work to explore practices of liberatory and collective leadership and re-imagine HOW we can lead and build power beyond hierarchy and white supremacy culture.
- Explore and imagine new possibilities for leadership
- Learn from peer case studies and field examples of leadership
- Understand the interplay between individuals and systems
- Develop and compile a resource guide of promising practices for leaders
- Build a network of radical leaders and peer support
Fall 2019 Events
Healing & Liberation Workshop registration here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/healing-and-liberation-workshop-intensive-tickets-74462586601